lundi 8 août 2016

4 guys you should definitely follow if you like running



4 ATHLETES YOU SHOULD KNOW AND FOLLOW ON SOCIAL MEDIA

You like running and spending time in the mountains. You have a couple of dream races / ultras that you would like to run & be part of one day.
You may also have imagine yourself meeting, taking a picture or even having a short talk with your favorite runner.

I am just 21 and you don't have much to learn from me but I, just like you, want to have my adventure going. If you are ready to meet some amazing people and get involved in the trail running community...LET'S GET STARTED!

If we have to learn... let's learn from the best! La crème de la crème...
Here are my personal TOP 4 athletes I FOLLOW and ADMIRE the most and helped me start running and motivated me to keep chasing my dreams






Are you feeling low and need to cheer up a bit? Emely will make you smile :) She shares her love for running and the mountains almost every day. Her blog is worth checking out and you can get super inspired because she shares every day great pics of her awesome running adventures in Chamonix





Have you injured yourself recently? Well, if so, many blessings and I wish you a fast recovery. A few months ago Emelie broke her cruciate ligament. You can check Emely's story and recovery process since her surgery. It's Super inspiring!

http://www.emelieforsberg.com/its-always-darkest-before-the-dawn/




This guy... You can describe Chema in 2 words: A big smile and pair of running shoes. 
He LOVES running more than anything. And I mean it. Just check his Instagram account!

https://www.instagram.com/chemitamartinez/?hl=es

He shares his adventures and his love for running EVERY DAY.

Chema is a real athlete and he loves sharing the values of the sport and the hapiness of running. He is full energy, positivism, and the will for self-improvement and sacrifice.

Chema is a former EUROPEAN CHAMPION (10.000mts - Munich 2002) and he is considered one of the greatests spanish long distance athletes.

However, he has always been running and he has slowly changed the road for the trails... and HE IS GOOD! He has run and WON a couple of ultras... in the dessert! He finished 4rd this year in the Marathon de Sables this year. No comments...





He has a couple of books worth reading and has written great running posts. He even participates in a famous spanish radio potcast! Here are some links if you want (but be warned... everything is in Spanish)

He has been able to get me out to go for a run many times and I am sure that he will help / motivate you as well!

Let's do what he always says: Don't think, RUN





Great athlete and greater person. 
Trails or roads, it doesn't matter. Sage masters both. There is plenty of things to learn about him and from his personal experience. He has a few credentials as you can see right here!




Besides being a professional runner he loves making videos and sharing his trainings, thoughts, running advices... I personally think that his youtube channel is one of the best out there. It has a lot of super useful content vídeo blogs, running technique, race recaps, training talks... It is called VO2Max Productions 

(https://www.youtube.com/user/Vo2maxProductions) 


and it is one of the must entertaining, well-known and recognized youtube channels in the trail running community. 
Definitely check it out!

Sage is very active in Strava and I personally love to check his runs every now and then 

https://www.strava.com/pros/1595767

And he lives in my favorite town (hopefully my home soon!) BOULDER, Colorado. Probably the best and most beautiful places in the world for trail running and home of some the world's best triathletes.

He qualified and recently FINISHED his 1st 100 MILER, the Western States 100!
Besides making videos he also have a blog. Check it out!
http://sagecanaday.com/western-states-100-mile-race-report-2016/




SAGE IF YOU ARE READING THIS, CONGRATS BUDDY! :)




Ethan Newberry / The Ginger Runner




Super fun - Super inspiring - Just awesome. Ethan is not a Pro athlete but he loves running (also a 100 miler finisher) and he is THE BEST at sharing running content. He is a video designer and he makes awesome running movies, interviews, gear reviews... Definitely check TheGingerRunner in Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGingerRunner

Thanks to Ethan I discovered the american running brand HOKA ONE ONE and after trying 2 pairs of shoes, guys... I know they look peculiar, but I am in love. I have tried so far the Hoka Clifton and the Challenger ATR and they are AWESOME! Here is Ethan reviewing the shoes :)

HOKA ONE ONE CHALLENGER ATR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jggo9W21Oi8

HOKA ONE ONE CLIFTON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShBwr6u1w6M






Every Monday he and his wife Kim have a weekly live show in Youtube where you can hear some amazing inspiring stories from some of the greatest pro runners. During the show there is a live chat, where you can ask questions and chat with other viewers. Sometimes they even give away things! I highly recommended it ;)

He is actually making a movie of Sage Canaday and his Western States 100 adventure which is coming up soon! I can't wait to see it!




Ethan... if you somehow read this: thank you for what you are doing, YOU ARE AWESOME


Hope you liked this post!
I AM SURE YOU KNOW SOME OTHER GREAT GUYS! WHO DO YOU ADMIRE OR WHO DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD FOLLOW? Please leave me your comment :)


Hope you running is going well. YOU CAN FOLLOW ME IN STRAVA

https://www.strava.com/athletes/6759650

See you in the next post! ✌

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire